Built in Cleveland in 1864, the Ironsides is a 218′ wooden twin prop steamer. She foundered in heavy seas on September 15, 1873 and now rests in 120′ of water four miles west of the Grand Haven Channel. The ship is deteriorating, but is still fairly intact.
This is an advanced dive due to the depth and the location in the shipping lanes.
|Approx. 4 miles west of the Grand Haven Channel||120'||218' wooden twin prop steamer||N 43 02.931 W 86 19.155|